As an event producer, Bright Ideas is committed to protecting our environment and helping our community develop social and economic longevity. Corporate events can be wasteful if the event coordinator takes a ‘disposable’ approach to the people, supplies, and equipment necessary to stage a special event. We didn’t want our company to be part of the problem, so at Bright Ideas we are guided by these principles:
- We conduct our business in an open, honest, and ethical manner
- We foster a commitment to reducing the environmental impact of special events.
- We ensure all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Diversity in the workplace is embraced.
- Wherever practical we work with suppliers that have a proven track record managing their environmental impact
- We support ethically sourced food beverages, foliage, and décor through our partner suppliers
- We apply fair labor practices, respecting national and local laws.
- We will not engage in or tolerate unlawful workplace conduct, including discrimination, bullying, intimidation, or harassment in any form.
Bright Ideas Events Coordinators Ltd. is involved with many community associations including the BCSPCA, Richmond Chamber of Commerce, FWE (BC Forum for Women Entrepreneurs), and WBO (Women Business Owners). We also offer internships and mentoring to individuals interested in a career in event coordination and management, helping create a knowledgeable and professional labour force for the event industry.
Whenever possible, Bright Ideas Event Coordinators Ltd. uses materials and equipment which can be rented or reused after the event. We inform our suppliers that we prefer materials and supplies that have a low impact on the environment.
If the materials cannot be reused, then we make every effort to use products that can be recycled or that are constructed out of recycled material. By working with materials that can be reused, we are able to reduce construction costs, a true savings to our environment.
Leftover event décor materials, such as carpeting and fabric, are often donated to schools, art colleges, or community theatres.
Bright Ideas Events Coordinators Ltd. is committed to protecting the health and safety of all individuals affected by our activities, including our employees, contractors, and the public. We provide a safe and healthy working environment and believe strongly in the prevention of accidents and injuries. We inspect all event venues thoroughly and complete a risk assessment of each event. We subscribe to Work Safe BC for all its employees and many employees on staff that are trained in First Aid.