The Perfect Picnic Checklist
It’s so easy to plan the perfect Company Picnic if you know what you are doing. We’ve been planning summer corporate events for more than two decades and have it down to a fine art.
Below is a fail-proof checklist that hasn’t let us down yet. If this list looks daunting, just give us a call and we’ll take care of all of the details for you.
1. Location: Select the area you would like to host the event in (i.e. North Shore, Vancouver, Fraser Valley, etc). Keep in mind that it should be a central location for all employees attending the event from their home and transit friendly.
2. Date: Next decide on the day of the week. Saturdays and Sundays are popular but make sure you take into consideration religious commitments.
3. Timing: Decide on timing. Most picnics are four hours long; typically from 11:00 am – 3:00pm or 12:00pm – 4:00pm.
4. Theme: Pick a theme. Integrating a theme is fantastic idea as it ties all of the event components together. Advertise the theme starting with the invitations and some guests may even come dressed in theme costumes. Carry the theme on at the event via décor, food, activities & entertainment.
5. Activities: Once the area has been selected, decide which activities you would like to include in your event. This will determine which park to book to accommodate your activities (i.e. Base ball diamond, water park, picnic shelter, etc.). Design activities that involve the entire group. Dividing guests into teams for friendly competition creates bonding and builds lasting company morale.
6. Entertainment: Choose entertainment to complement the activities. Do not include interactive entertainment that competes with interactive activities.
7. Food: Including a healthy lunch is important with lots of vegetarian options. Cookies, lemonade and watermelon are sure winners!
8. Photographs: Hire a professional photographer or designate a staff member to act as photographer. Capturing priceless moments are valuable for future company event promotions.
9. Guest Giveaways: Everyone loves to go home with goodies. Prepare a gift bag or bag of treats as a thank you to give guests as they leave the event.
10. Event Followup: After the event follow up with your guests by sending them some photos either digitally or in the mail. It’s a great way to confirm what an amazing time they had at your event!
Better yet, call Bright Ideas Events NOW to plan your upcoming Company Picnic so that on the event day, you can sit back and relax. We have lots of ‘Bright Ideas’ that we would like to share with you to make your next Company Picnic extra special! Take a look at our Event Portfolio to pick out your next theme!
You might also enjoy: